For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Supreme T/A Protein Deals ('we' or 'us') is the 'data controller' (i.e. the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data we may collect about you
We will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, address) whenever you complete an online form.
For example, we will obtain your personal data when you purchase goods from us or contact us for any other reason.
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data were obtained. These purposes include:
- to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences;
- marketing—see 'Marketing and opting out', below;
- fraud prevention and detection;
- customising this website and its content to your particular preferences;
- to notify you of any changes to this website or to our services that may affect you;
- improving our services; and
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
Marketing and opting out
We will only contact you by e.g. email, phone, SMS about our products or promotions if you have asked us to do so. If you have changed your mind and would prefer us not to contact you, then you can opt out at any time. See 'Your rights', below.
|How we handle your data.|
|Type of Data||(Name, email address, social media posts, location, IP address, Cookies)|
|Description of data||Your data that is collected by Supreme T/A Protein Deals, which we use to handle customer queries and marketing activities.|
|Employee responsible||Sarah Jayne MacDonald|
|Date of consent to hold data||25/05/2018|
|Where the data is stored||In remote cloud-based servers, locked and encrypted by a 256bit SSL|
|Source of the data||All data is sourced directly from our Ecommerce platform and trade channels.|
|Purpose of the data||Marketing activity, customer service and data audits.|
|How the data is protected in its storage||Via two factor securities powered by Google plus various different firewalls and internet routes. Data is currently held remotely in our servers with Rackspace and Dropbox.|
|Usage restrictions||Only employees of Supreme T/A Protein Deals have access to your data and is purely used in house.|
|Usage rights||You have rights to remove and access the data that we have on you anytime by contacting the DPO (Data protection officer). Please allow 28 days for this to come through by post.|
|Usage frequency||Your data will be used daily within the business.|
|Retention period||Three years after original sign up date.|
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group;
- our agents and service providers;
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity;
- our business partners in accordance with the 'Marketing and opting out' section above; and
- we pride ourselves in protecting your data securely and keeping it on file as long as we need to, we aim to destory all data within the three years after original purchase/sign up. In relation to GDPR we have made changes to our internal policies and the way we deal with our third parties partners, if you want to find out more about their own GDPR/Privacy polices please see the links below:
- GOOGLE ANAYLTICS (https://cloud.google.com/security/gdpr/)
- HOTJAR (https://www.hotjar.com/legal/compliance/gdpr-commitment)
- CAMPAIGN MONITOR (https://www.campaignmonitor.com/trust/gdpr-compliance/)
- AWIN (https://www.awin.com/gb/news-and-events/gdpr/awin-and-the-gdpr)
- If you have any questions about how we handle your data please do email us directly at [email protected]
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and username that are unique to you;
- we store your personal data on secure servers;
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology; and
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance and training.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices; and
- give consent to the processing of his/her personal data
You have the right to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill);
- specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- provide us with enough information to identify you; and
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing or email [email protected] with a header that says 'Unsubscribe';
- provide us with enough information to identify you (eg account number, username, registration details); and
- if your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (eg email or telephone), please specify the channel you are objecting to.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to [email protected] or you can write to us at our registered office, Protein Deals, 4 Beacon Road, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1AF.
We collect information about our customers via server logs, cookies, order forms and competitions. A cookie is a file that your web browser places on your computer's hard disk for record keeping purposes. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. The cookie does not store any credit/debit card information nor password details. For further information about the cookies that we use on this website.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store. We may amend it from time, so you should check this policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access this website.