We're going crazy over these stacked & stuffed Black Forest Protein Pancakes. Berries and chocolate are the perfect combination for a breakfast favourite!
- 2 scoops chocolate brownie whey protein
- 30g egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tbsp oats
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 banana
- Pinch of sea salt
- 25ml almond milk
- Coconut oil for cooking
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1-2 tbsp brown rice syrup/maple syrup/agave
- Peanut butter
1. In a blender, mix together all of the above ingredients until you’re left with a smooth batter. You want the mixture to be fairly thick but still pourable, so you can add more milk if you feel it’s too thick.
2.Heat some coconut oil in a frying pan and pour in a few spoonfuls of the batter. Once the pancakes start to bubble, flip and cook on the other side until cooked through. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
3. To make the berry sauce, heat the berries in a saucepan with a little water and your sweetener of choice until they form a sauce like consistency.